Monday, October 13, 2008

IgorT bluray >100 mW Laser Review

I got the 2 IgorT (offered as >90 mW), actually >100 mW mini Blu-ray lasers Friday July 11 2008! Happy Day!
I have been looking forward to this for a while, I like the looks of this model more than any other Blu-ray laser I have seen. daguin came over with a high power violet, (I think a DrLava build), 90 mW a few weeks ago, and it, also lit the desire for me to have a really high output Blu-ray. I told several members I would write a review on these and I know others have reported the capabilities. I apologize that I still can't take pictures that do any lasers justice, so if I ever get good pictures, I'll post them later. Of course the units overall length will vary slightly with focus position.
Shipping, the package was bubble lined envelope with each laser in bubble wrap, then in the cardboard close fitting box I would guess the host came in. Oh and they were cleverly disguised as Glow in the dark flashlights. The disguise was easy to remove, yet Customs would not be likely to do or see thru it!
The units both have a flawless finish and a very nice smooth grey silver color. One has CREE on it and is very slightly blueish. This helps me tell them apart. I personally think both are beautiful. And at near 4 inches long seem incredibly compact. And weigh a little more than they look like they would. Mine focus very freely, but builder extraordinar, IgorT says that mine have a little different focus ring, (slightly thicker), than most of the others he made. I may never see a better build! The quality is far beyond anything I ever got from CNI or other manufacturers.
My package was in Customs for about 2 weeks, but so worth the wait!

Specs:
Output power 116 mW (Cree), and the 2nd one 119 mW (accuracy about +/- 4 mW) Unlimited Duty cycle! Leave it on as long as you like! IgorT warrantees the Case and driver circuit for LIFE! The 90 day warranty on the LD is great as they are sure to go much longer, and if it ever burns out the work to replace it is free! (after 90 days the diode cost w/b your only cost! What a great warranty! They peak even higher, these are typical readings! And these are with the acrylic lenses, jut wait! Glass 405 nm Custom lenses are sure to go higher.
Do wear eye protection! and use with care, these are powerful!
Length about 104 mm with Glow in the Dark lens cap on. (Supplied with Laser)
Diameter about 20.3 mm (end near exit aperture), button end slightly smaller.
Also supplied with mine was a line generating lens that works for "liquid sky" effects. And extra G.I.T.D. and black lens covers. I have never been so pleased with any laser these are just awesome builds and the most unique and well engineered of any laser made by anyone I have ever seen!

Offer LinK: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/fo...num=1210968450

A few things this laser can do;
Cuts holes in bright white computer paper!
Lights trick Birthday candles, and (of course) matches, any color!
Gorgeous Purple beam!
Fluorescent (dayglow) items so bright you need dark glasses!
Smokes and etches any plastic I have tried.
HP Blu-rays may play tricks on your eyes.
I see a red circle around the dot, while at the same time my wife sees red center with violet circle when dot is on many kinds of green leaves. She is near sighted I am far-sighted and the leafs have some red florescence so maybe thats why.

IgorT bluray >100 mW Laser Review

No comments: