Monday, October 13, 2008

Nova lasers x150 review!

As soon as I got it, I popped in some nearly dead, crappy alkaline generic brand that i found in a remote. Just until I got some good ones. Even with these batteries, my jaw LITERALLY dropped. I saw a solid beam in a brightly lit room. I was in awe!

First thing I did was shine it on my arm... Ouch!
After that I quickly realized that I really need some goggles. I started getting a headache within 5 minutes.

I don't think it burns very well. I haven't tried matches or balloons yet but it doesn't do a very good job with bags or anything from a few feet away. but maybe i'm not noticing, or i'm not steady enough or something. Who knows! I'm going to get the lens holder/collimator to help with burning as it's only 20 bucks. i'll order that when i get my goggles. good idea?

No comments: